I had the extreme pleasure to be amongst many self-made multimillionaire's this weekend. These down to earth people took it upon themselves, when presented with an opportunity, to recognize and seizethe opportunity, then help others achieve their goals and dreams.
This video explains the purpose of Nikken and how we help people!
One of the women here, Liz Coker, is a professional business woman in the technology sector. She was named as one of the 100 most influential women in business, and is proud to be part of the Nikken Revolution. She has many passions in life, and one of those is to enable people to live their dreams.
Some notable items I jotted down which are applicable to everyone (IMHO):
- Turn your should's into MUSTS!
- Life will pay what you ask of it, when done intelligently (don't ask for a random million dollars, must be for a purpose)
- Need to define your WHY, i.e. why you do what you do
- We'll never become what we want to be by remaining who we are!
- A reason is not always a purpose
- A purpose is always a reason
- Seek first to understand
- and then to be understood
- Get comfortable talking to people
- Cultivate a burning desire and belief
- I'd rather be real than pretend to be perfect!
- You only regret the things you don't do
- People do what you do, not what you say
- The biggest risk a person can do is NOTHING
- Writing things down as if they've already happen (done to achieve your goals)
- Can never say wrong thing to the right person
- Anything is possible if a flower can grow in the snow (presenter saw a flower's bloom poking through the snow pack)
- The business is about fostering relationships, not selling.
In this business it's all about helping people achieve their dreams, as many people are silently calling out for a change which will allow them more freedom, and also, more rewards.