So, it is with that preamble, that I tell what I "won" this weekend.
|Ice Tea jar|
The activities I took part in:
- A set of five blue glasses. Only put one ticket in here as no one did before me.
- A gallon glass ice tea jar (with spout). This looks like a large canning jar. Found image located here, next to where can buy it too, if so desire. This is what I truly wanted
- A gift basket with a seashore theme, as shown in phoo
- A gift basket with a valentine theme, as shown in photo
- Some people believe in coincidences, some don't, but me winning a Valentine's basket and the seashore thing, makes ya think...
Then came some cards later that night.. We played blackjack, with tokens painted gold, or green, I forget, but did play with tokens.
I started the game out with about 80 tokens, and walked away with double, about 158. At then end, I gave almost 75% of those away as didn't really want to get that many tokens.
They also had a mock horserace (note: no real horses were involved) which actually looked like they had a blast with. Watched most of the last "race", quite neat.
Then, came a 50/50 raffle, which was in the low triple digits. I wound up buying a handful of tickets, not thinking anything about them, until they drew the winning number. Didn't bring tickets and didn't look at the numbers then, but the next day went to check for haha's, and lo and behold, I was winner for that!! As the whole thing goes to a good cause, I gave back little over half of my half, so only got a quarter of it. Was a really good feeling and very nice to win.
With all of this, while it's nice to win, winning in this case was unimportant. For me it was more important to support things in which I believe. Don't get me wrong, I graciously accepted everything!