Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Reverse Osmosis Update

So, it's not often I do due diligence and actually follow recommendations, or read the manual, as most things come really easy for me.  In this case, based on the people am around, they made sure I followed the proper protocols.

As announced in last entry, installed an Reverse Osmosis Water system and made some tweaks.

This document illustrates what they had me do, and for my reference, on page two, documented the current, and proposed, modifications to the system.

In short, these are the measurements I took:
  • TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) of Tap water - 740
  • TDS Drain water - 1002
  • TDS Pure water - 26


Modifications made
  • Removed ASOV
  • Bypassed automatic pump shutoff switch
  • Added second RO Membrane
  • No pressure tank


Modifications to be done
  • Remove automatic pump shutoff pressure switch
  • Mount pump on sidewall
  • Remove bypass valve in pump assembly


Total GPD (Gallons per day) on completely new system, is 180.

Downsides so far:
  • Takes long time to fill tank
  • Take longer showers until hot water runs out.

1 comment:

  1. How are longer hot showers a downside? I love a good hot shower. However, I can see why taking longer to fill the tank is a bad thing. Females do need more water for showers, I feel, than men. Or am I the only one who listens to music in the shower and forgets they're in the shower while listening?

    Verna Griffin @ Axeon Water

    ReplyDelete