One reason I really enjoy Escapees parks is that everyone, well, most everyone, here is very good natured, happy, and upbeat, even if they don't seem like it! Another (or many) reason(s) why I like Escapees is in an article from the rvers website: article
After more than 36 years being actively involved in Escapees, and probably more years in the RV community, Kay Peterson wrote her last column in the Escapees magazine, where she talks about the stories, and messages, she has shared in more than 200 columns. As she enters her "winter" season, she shared with us these last nuggets of wisdom, which I share with you, verbatim.
- Believe in your ability to accept whatever challenges life brings.
- To have great experiences, you must be willing to take risks.
- If you jump into a lake, don't complain about getting wet.
- Don't let today's enjoyment get lost in the dreams of tomorrow.
- If you want advice, ask the person who has succeeded.
- Winners don't always come in first, but they enter the race.
- The only real limits are those you accept as being true.
- Don't waste your time on complainers or getting revenge.
- Being in the driver's seat doesn't mean you can run over people.
- Being alone is not the same as being lonely.
- Life is a matter of perspective. A worm thinks digging is more fun than going fishing.
- Life isn't tied with a pretty bow, but it is still a gift.
- People cannot hear praise at their funeral or see flowers on their tombstone.
- Kindness crosses all barriers and erases all differences.
- If you place someone on a pedestal, don't blame them for falling off.
- Life is a grand adventure to enjoy through all it's seasons.
Memories are the music to which our hearts sing. I hope all your songs will be happy ones.