Wednesday, February 12, 2014

LA Area - Vegas + January Video

Sunday left the place I was camped out, Eagles Aerie #506.  This is a very good lodge, situated a little far from downtown LA.  The people here are top notch, the camping area is very very nice, with real grass, real trees (and leaves), water, and electricity, even a dumping station!

They almost always have something going!  Bingo Thursday and Saturday, steak and karaoke on Friday, Taco Tuesday, and a host of other things!  Extended my stay here another week because it is a good place, people are good, and everyone is friendly.

Didn't go many places here, went to one great mexican restaurant which will be featured in my 1SE video for February.

Sunday packed everything up and came back to Vegas.  The highway driving isn't all that fun or exciting, especially in an RV.  It's slow going, and for the most part, it's set the cruise and forget about it.  There are some occassions that I have to pass a very slow car, or more often, pass a trucker, but other than that don't really have to worry.

While I don't enjoy the traffic here in the city, there's always something to do.  Was just talking with someone today about all the different shows, not to mention all the gambling and other activities.

Same person I talked to said I also had to check out some restaurants.  Asked them for suggestions, on what they enjoy, instead of what I want to do, as it's all about getting out of the same ole thing rut we all get into, and try something new, exciting (hopefully), and just different.

Some restaurants/bars to check out (NOT the heart-attack grill, erkh)

Hash House A Go Go - When was first told about this place I thought it was a pot haven, or a bar full of go go girls.  Have been assured it's neither of those, but they do serve awesome food and this was first place which was recommended.  Have to come here for breakfast!

Peppermill Fireside Lounge - This is actually on the strip, well, end of the strip, and was second place I was told about.  Plan to be checking out the strip this weekend sometime so will time it to get here when hungry.  They also serve a fair portion for the price, from what was told.

Hofbrauhaus - I have a "small" weakness for German food, and beer too, but no more beer.  Was told I MUST check this place out, as it was third on the list.  While it's a little pricey, do get a good amount of food for the price.  Am sure they have tons of German beer, will make sure to take a picture for all of you beer afficionado's out there.  Hopefully they have Yaeger Jäger fries (half way down is quick description), at least that's name I was told, which are french fries with a light brown gravy and mushrooms.  It's vaguely similar to the Canadian Poutine (with cheese curds instead of mushrooms), but this is a dish had in Germany, around the town of Bad Bruckenau, at an outdoor restaurant, in a galaxy far far away, and a long long time ago.

The End - So, not sure what type of trouble I've gotten myself into, but asked the person for a place, which served food, that can ONLY be found in Vegas...  First thing they popped out with was this place.  It's a Zombie themed bar in "Old Vegas".  Not sure if should be excited to go here, or a little wary...  Will find out relatively soon.

VIDEO




My Life_Jan 01 2014 - Jan 31 2014.mp4 from Richard on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I was in Vegas! Me and Tessa love that place. I would stick around there until the 27th or at least go back then. That is when the High Rollers Scooter Rally happens 2/27-3/3 in Vegas. I have heard it is a lot of fun. Check it out buddy and let your Firkin flag fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PHOOEY, have committed to be in Yuma to tour a goat farm on the 25th.. Will have to ponder it this weekend!

      Delete