I was listening to the Coast to Coast AM from last night and figured would document this NOW before I forget and lose it.
Among other things, Dr. Ted Broer talked about the top 10 foods to avoid. Hearing him explain why makes total sense. Try and eat organic when possible. While I am not close to avoiding everything on this list, am taking steps to reduce, or eliminate, these items from my diet.
1) High fat meats such as bacon and hot dogs, which contain sodium nitrates
2) Aspartame, the artificial sweetener used in diet drinks and other products
3) Margarine, and products that contain trans fat (use organic butter instead)
4) Shellfish, generally contains too much contamination
5) Junk foods (like Twinkies), and products with high fructose corn syrup
6) Soy products, tend to increase estrogen levels
7) Fluoridated and chlorinated water, act as endocrine disruptors
8) High fat dairy products, and non-organic dairy (have bovine growth hormones)
9) Coffee, elevates harmful cortisol levels
10) Alcohol, habitual or daily use causes problems
I am not making any health claims, nor giving medical advice. Always talk with your doctor and/or healthcare professional prior to making any dietary changes.